One of the biggest ways we can impact the economic decisions being made at the state and national level is to be intentional in our economic purchases. Here are two great resources to use when shopping for yourself and others.
First, here is a list of Wisconsin made union products. After each company is the union its workers belong to. You can get a more detailed list at http://buywi.org/
Wisconsin-Made Gift Ideas
* Regal Ware Pots and Pans made in West Bend. (USW)
* Wigwam Socks made in Sheboygan. (UFCW)
* Rowe Pottery made in Cambridge.
* Miller Beer made in Milwaukee. (UAW Brewery Workers)
* Usinger’s Sausage and Smoked Meats made in Milwaukee. (UFCW and IUOE)
* Klement’s Sausages. (UFCW)
* Carmex Lip Balm made in Franklin, makes a great stocking stuffer.
* John Deere lawn mowers made in Horicon. (IAMAW)
* Master Lock locks made in Milwaukee (check the label). (UAW)
* Speed Queen washing machines from Alliance Laundry made in Ripon. (USW)
* Nuk baby products made in Reedsburg. (IAMAW)
Every dollar you spend on Wisconsin-made goods helps to support Wisconsin jobs and fellow Wisconsin workers. Workers in Wisconsin make a huge range of great products for your holiday needs.
Union-Made in America Gifts
Games (All made by RWDSU/UFCW)
Barrel of Monkeys
Chutes and Ladders
Game of Life
Hi Ho Cherry-O
American Athletic (Russell Brands) (UAW)
Louisville Slugger (USW)
MacGregor Golf clubs (IBB)
Standard Golf (IAM)
Top-Flite golf balls (IBB)
Rayovac batteries (IBT and UAW)
Bic Lighters (USW)
Ghirardelli chocolates (BCTGM)
Jelly Belly (BCTGM)
Laffy Taffy (BCTGM)
Tootsie Roll Pops (BCTGM)
You can find a more detailed list on the AFL-CIO website by clicking here: http://www.aflcio.org/Blog/Other-News/Union-Made-in-America-Holiday-Gift-Ideas2