- Movie Discussion Night – Saturday, March 16th : 6 PM – 9 PM – THE DATE FOR THIS EVENT WAS WRONG IN LAST WEEK’S EMAIL BLAST!!! MOVIE DISCUSSION NIGHT IS ON MARCH 16TH. We will be watching As Goes Janesville and having a lively discussion afterwards. Drinks will be provided – please bring a snack to share.
- Phone Banks – Ed Fallone and Tony Evers -Here is a clip from a debate between Ed Fallone and Pat Roggensack. Watch it and see why these calls are vital to the future of Wisconsin. http://video.wpt2.org/video/2341404927
Phone Banks Dates and Times –
* Mondays from 6 PM – 8 PM : March 11th, 18th, 25th
* Saturdays from 10 AM – 12 Noon : March 16th, 23rd
* Phone lists, scripts, and cell phones (for those who need one) will be provided
* For more information, contact Tanya Lohr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Club – Wednesday, April 3rd: 7-8:30 PM – This month’s selection is The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton . Please join us for a lively discussion. Drinks provided. For more information, contact Sara Davister at email@example.com.
- Democratic Leadership Institute (DLI): April 20-21 – Hotel Reed – Wisconsin Rapids – DPW offers a great opportunity for young Democrats, ages 18-25, to learn more about the political process and how to play a role in that process through the Democratic Leadership Institute. This weekend training provides workshops, networking opportunities, and advisement from top leaders in Wisconsin politics. If you know of any young adults who would benefit from this program, please send them to wisdems.org/DLI for more information and to sign up. The registration deadline is Friday, March 29th.
- Spring Fundraiser Committee Meeting – Thursday, April 11th: 7:00 PM
In January, I presented a plan for raising the funds needed to sustain the office for a year. Part of that plan was to add a second fundraiser in the spring. We are very fortunate that Melissa Gloff has stepped up to head this spring fundraiser. Please join her on April 11th to help put together this important event. Melissa can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State Party Convention – The State Party Convention will be held on June 7th and 8th at the Olympia Resort and Conference Center in Oconomowoc. You can attend the convention either as a delegate or as a guest. Last year we sent a full slate of delegates to the convention and I hope we can do so again this year. Please let me know if you’re interested in being a delegate or would like more information about the convention. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin does have some information about the event on their website at www.wisdems.org.
- Resolutions – We will be voting on resolutions at the March 20th meeting. In the interest of time, I am asking that resolutions be submitted to me by Sunday, March 17th. This allows me to include them in the March 17th email blast so members can look over them before the March 20th meeting. You can email your resolution to me at email@example.com or you can drop it off at the office. Thank you!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink